Friday, January 9, 2009

What to do with the UGLY gold mirror? And FINALLY I got my Temple picture!

So I have this really big, ugly gold mirror hanging in my front room that I used to think was really great (I was really into gold at the time, maybe because I had none). I love the size etc. still, but the color does not go with my house anymore (phasing out the gold).
Should I paint it BLACK, or SILVER? Or do you have any other suggestions? HELP!!

FINALLY after 5 stinkin long weeks my Temple picture came in the mail. We were married in the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple almost 10 years ago and we just never got around to getting a picture of it for our house. I fell in love with this print and this is what we gave to each other for Christmas (even though it was waaaaay late). I LOVE IT!!!








9 comments:

  1. I say paint the mirror black.. I it would go really good with the frame on the temple picture, which is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely black.

    I like how you didn't tag anyone else on your tag post. Solidarity, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the black. It will look fabulous. I'm glad you FINALLY got your temple picture. I love mine, too! Good choice of temples, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous picture. I say you paint the mirror black. My mom did that to her huge mirror by the front door and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture! I third the black for the mirror. My mom painted her big round mirror by the front door black and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I agree with all 3 comments...black would go with the temple picture! And I love your temple picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As for me and my humble opinion. Interior design trends show that GOLD is the "it" color these days.(lucky for all you who have a traditional gold wedding ring.) And Since I know where that mirror is hung, (right when you walk in the door right? and the temple picture is around the corner in another room, no where near the mirror, I SAY KEEP IT GOLD!! IT'S PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I painted the mirror black (I will take a picture and post it soon). But now what do I do about the BROWN couch table under it?

    ReplyDelete