Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stockings hanging from the...hooks on the wall


So I finally finished the stockings and hung them on the removable hooks I stuck to the wall. This will be the first year since kids that we didn't have a mantle to hang them from. Why don't I have a mantle? I have a new house right? Well since it doesn't get very cold here they just don't put fireplaces in all the houses. I guess if the power goes out we bundle up. I remember one thanksgiving in Northern Idaho when the power was out we cooked the turkey in the sauna behind our fireplace. There will be no cooking like that here. If the power goes out, we light up the grill out back to cook. But hey, don't the stalkings look pretty good anyways? I think I will make a fireplace next year out of poster paper and tape it to the wall. This just doesn't look right to me.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Windy, so darn crafty! :) The cabin was a blast! So glad to have you for a sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete