Monday, November 3, 2008

THANKS: day one


I decided to take a minute each day until Thanksgiving to name something I am grateful for. Maybe it will help my bad attitude I seam to be oozing lately.


Today I am thankful for my church calling. I am one of the compassionate service leaders in our ward of over 700 members (yes you read that right). I have been scheduling dinners for some sisters and their families because the sisters are pregnant and on bed rest. I have been touched by the willingness to serve in our ward and how quickly I can fill an entire month of 3 meals a week for a family (in a matter of a few hours). We love our new ward and feel so at home and THANKFUL to be here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea Windy! You sure have one heck of a calling! I got Emmy's b-day invitation in the mail today. I swear our mailman keeps some of our mail sometimes cause of the tiny box he has to smush it in! HAha. I feel so bad that we missed her party! Craig told me about it at 2:30pm Sat., then said I couldn't go cause he needed the car for priesthood session... oh man, this one car thing is old. Please tell Emmy happy bday for us, we will get her her presant soon! (This should have been an email! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and my friends LOVE my car seat cover thank you;) I have given your name to a couple of them! Don't know how you do it all Windy!

    ReplyDelete